Working from a cafe or local pub for a few hours each week is so much nicer than being cooped up in my apartment for the whole 40 hours.
I’ve tried a few backpacks, a laptop bag, and settled on the Newt II Mono sling pack by Ogio as my goto bag. The Newt is light weight, has plenty of room for the gear I need most, and the single shoulder strap is amazingly comfortable (after 2 years, the padding is still like new).
Lets take a look at what I typically carry with me.
Starting at the lop left:
- Moleskine Graph paper notebook with a Pilot G-2 pen (the best kind of pen).
- 2nd Gen Google Nexus 7 tablet
- Micro-USB to USB cable for my phone and tablet
- Mini-USB for my Canon point and shoot (not pictured because it was used to take this photo)
- Ogio Newt II Mono sling pack
- HTC M8 phone
- Raybans in their hard case
- Plug adapter for my Macbook’s power cord
- Car charger adapter for USB cables
- Plugin adapter for USB cabels
- WIFI hotspot
- 16GB Sandisk thumbdrive
- Macbook charger
- 11″ Macbook Air
All together, this only weighs 7.9 pounds when loaded into my pack.